[Zope] Why isn't my Python script updating my properties? (code included)

Thomas Guettler zopestoller@thomas-guettler.de
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 13:04:26 +0100

A M Thomas wrote:

>Hi there and thanks much for reading this.  I'm sure I'm missing some
>fundamental point, but I've looked and haven't been able to find help in
>the documentation I have.  A good example would be helpful, if anyone
>can recommend one.

Sorry, this is no answer to your question, but may be it helps you:

It helped me a lot to make print statements in the zope source to track
down problems. If you
use print in a python product or in the zope source it will be printed
to the output. You should start
zope if the -D flag. You need to restart zope after changing the code.

Finding the function definition is quite easy if you are using unix or
if you have cygwin installed:

cd lib/python/; grep -rsi 'def manage_foo' *

 thomas