[Zope] New PropertyManager

Lennart Regebro lennart@torped.se
Sat, 23 Mar 2002 10:17:43 +0100

From: "Dieter Maurer" <dieter@handshake.de>

> Thomas Guettler writes:
>  > 1. mulitple selections should be a list of check-boxes. I don't like
>  > the ctrl-click method in the select-box.

> Please make this an option, not the default!

I don't think it should be done at all. The ctrl-click method is a
standardized way of multiple selections in list-boxes together with
shift-click multiple selection. There is no way you can get the shift-click
selection with checkboxes. That means that selecting all will need you to
check every single box.

Having checkboxes for multiple selection can be useful sometimes, but as a
general option for properties it's not a good idea.

>  > 2. Would be nice if each property has a second name, which is used
>  >  for displaying it to the user. This is neccesarry if you have
>  > properties with
>  > umlauts.
> Agreed.
>
> And optional description (the explain the use of the properties).

Yes, properties need properties too. And they need security. And they
validation. And when you do need these things, you might consider moving the
properties to a Formulator form. It has these things.