[Zope] call DTMLMethod with parameter from Python

Damon Eckhoff eckhoffd@missouri.edu
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 16:20:59 -0600

Hello:

I'm working in a skin within CMF 1.2 and Zope 2.5.0...

I'm trying to clarify how to call a DTML Method with
parameters from a python script.  The docs I've read
say to call it something like this:

result_string = context.myDTMLMethod( None, _, optionalkey1='yada' )

But the python script I have is being called
from a Page Template as a result of a form action.  I
don't understand how to change this to work without the _ or how to
pass a REQUEST mapping to the DTMLMethod.

Currently, when I make the call:

result_string = context.formatResult()

result_string actually contains the dtml code of formatResult (un-rendered)
.  What causes this?  Lack of parameters?

What am I missing here?

Kind Regards,

Damon.