[Zope] Zope Team(support required)

Duncan Booth duncan@rcp.co.uk
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 13:17:09 +0000

On 27 Mar 2002, Jerome Alet <alet@unice.fr> wrote:
> On 27 Mar 2002, mallavaram satishreddy wrote:
>
>> Once i click the "OK" button it is logging off. So, anybody is
>> give a solution "How to avoid a username, password window whenever
>> we logging off?".
>
> AFAIK this is not possible without modifying Zope.
>
> In fact Zope logs you out by sending an error code 401 to your browser
> which then automatically ask for a new username/password. This error code
> seems to be part of the HTTP protocol, so I don't know what you could do
> about this.

If you use Basic Authentication then the password is saved by your browser,
and there is no way for a web server to tell your browser to forget the
saved password without the browser showing the login dialog again.

However, you can set Zope up to use other forms of authentication (e.g.
cookies) and the browser can be told to forget cookies.

So the answer to your problem is to look up the various ways to do cookie
based authentication in Zope. If you are using Zope 2.3 or above then all
you have to do is add a CookieCrumbler instance to the folder containing
your acl_users.

--
Duncan Booth                                             duncan@rcp.co.uk