[Zope] ZSQL question

Colin Fox cfox@crystalcherry.com
27 Mar 2002 13:30:23 -0800

--=-JB6XQ67ZwgqVEnC5OZMX

Hi, all.

I have a ZSQL insert function that requires an optional parameter.=20

The variables are coming from an HTML form, and one of the variables is
a checkbox. Apparently, if the checkbox is unchecked, the variable
doesn't appear.

As a small example, let's say there were two strings and a checkbox,
labelled str1, str2 and cb. I need this:

insert into mytable(col1, col2, col3) values (str1, str2, cb)

as well as

insert into mytable(col1, col2) values (str1, str2)

if cb is None.

I can't find any examples of optional insert variables, just optional
join parameters.

Also - is there a comprehensive ZSQL document anywhere?

Thanks!

--=20
Colin Fox                                       cfox@crystalcherry.com
CF Consulting Inc.                                    GPG Fingerprint:
                    D8F0 84E7 E7CC 5C6C 9982  F1A7 A3EB 6EA3 BC97 572F

--=-JB6XQ67ZwgqVEnC5OZMX

--=-JB6XQ67ZwgqVEnC5OZMX--