[Zope] Popy and ZPoPyDA on Zope 2.5

Jim Penny jpenny@universal-fasteners.com
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 19:57:55 -0500

On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 01:38:21AM +0100, Marcus Schopen wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> may be this helps you:
>
> 1. popy-2.0.7.tar.gz
> Download: http://sourceforge.net/projects/zpopyda/
> (is there a newer one ???)

Yes, it is available from cvs.nekhem.com.  Most current release is
2.0.8.

> "./configure --with-postgres-libraries=/usr/local/pgsql/lib
> --with-postgres-includes=/usr/local/pgsql/include"
> make
>
> copy PoPymodule.so to
> /home/zope/Zope-2.5.0-linux2-x86/lib/python2.1/lib-dynload/
>
> 2. ZPoPyDA-2.0.8.tar.gz
> Download http://www.zope.org/Members/tm/ZPoPyDA

It sounds like John is building fine, but not putting
PoPymodule.so in a place where the python running his zope
can find it.  It is not clear to me if he is using a source
or binary install.  At any rate, running

python
import sys
print sys.path

will print the list of directories in his PYTHONPATH.
The .so can then go in any of them, although it should go into
one of the site-packages directories by convention.

DANGER--running python may pick up a different python than your zope is
using.  Make sure you look at the zope's start file and invoke the same
python.

Jim Penny