[Zope] redirection from within forms with submit button

Andy McKay andy@agmweb.ca
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 07:42:51 -0800

> Gosh, you're harsh. I'll try.

Sorry, didnt mean to be ;)

> Why the instant redirection?

The redirection is added to the HTTP headers for the response. The browser
on seeing the redirect then redirects the user on to the next page, meaning
they never actually see the page containing the redirect.

Unless of course the RESPONSE.redirect only occurs on some condition... so
looks like I was wrong, and didnt parse the dtml-if's correctly.

> Why _does_ it work as I'd like it to when in a separate form (you don't
> have to read this;)?
> The following produces an almost empty webpage with just a submit button.
The
> required action is only undertaken when the submit button is pressed:

Oliver points a better way in a post... so I wont take up any more time.

taking-a-valium-ly-yours
--
  Andy