[Zope] Xron Problem - please help...

Sven Rudolph sven@spaghetticode.de
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 01:38:47 +0100

Hello Juergen.

> I have some problems with getting Xron running on my linux box /w Zope
> 2.5.1b1/Python 2.1.2. I have already seen many workarounds in the
> archive for Xron on linux, but I can't get it running.
I have the same problem.
The Xron-DTML-Method is triggered correctly and then the selected time
gets correctly incremented, but the method isn't executed.

> The log file reports an authorization problem:
It also appears in the Z2.log
It seems that the method is called through a web access by "Anonymous"
instead of directly calling it from python. And Anonymous isn't allowed
to call the management screen "<path>/manage_triggerXronEvent".
> One simple questions: Who in this world has it managed to run Xron on
> Linux?
I wonder if it has ever worked?

At this point I think I have to hack into the source code or contact the
authors directly...

Greetings

Sven Rudolph

--