[Zope] Art folder (workflow issue)

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 11:59:01 +0100

Richard Wesley writes:
 > A designer and I have been trying to set up some kind of reasonable
 > workflow process involving Zope and DreamWeaver.  One of the requests
 > that has been made is to have an 'art folder' containing the graphics
 > for the site at the top level.
 >
 > How would one go about referencing a graphic from this folder?  I
 > mean, suppose the system looks like:
 >
 > /
 > 	art/
 > 		image_1
 > 		image_2
 > 	project/
 > 		subproject/
 > 			dtml-doc
Your options:

  *  explicit HTML img tags

     -  with absolute URL (recommended for better caching)

     -  with relative URL

  *  implicitly generated img tags

     -  use "art.image_1" (in a Python expression context!, requires
        that "image_1" is a valid Python name

     -  use PageTemplate's path expressions: "structure art/image_1"

        PageTemplates are recommended for optimal work with designers
	and programmes

     -  numerous other ways, including "dtml-with" (DTML), "restrictedTraverse"
        and "TransparentFolder"

Dieter