[Zope] Limiting Product use

Lennart Regebro lennart@torped.se
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 21:41:42 +0100

From: "Christopher N. Deckard" <cnd@ecn.purdue.edu>
> We have a custom User Folder Product that we don't want our users to be
> able to create new instances of.  How do I make the Product not show up to
> anyone unless they have Manager roles in the root?
>
> I can set the security permissions to not allow them to create it, but it
> still shows up in the security tab and users could just add it.

So the user have the rigts to change his own permissions???
That makes that user equivalent to a manager, and there is no way you can
stop the user from getting the rights you want.
If you want to limit your users permissions, may I first suggest you remove
the possibility for the user to change his own permissions? :-)