[Zope] Accessing arbitrary Python objects from ZPT

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 30 Mar 2002 21:37:17 +0100

Michael Lausch writes:
 > On Fri, 2002-03-29 at 21:18, Dieter Maurer wrote:
 > > Please read the Zope developer guide. It should tell you about
 > > the security declarations necessary to make attributes accessible
 > > by TTW (Through The Web) code...
 > >

 > but how to add security declarations to classes where i don't have the
 > source code, or in which i do not want to introduce zope dependencies
 > (not that this is a bad thing per se, but consider using the same
 > backend code in 2 different environments, WWW and GUI)
I see two options:

  *  one is called "Monkey-patching" (I do not like the term, but
     it is used by the list):

     It means "runtime modification" (usually at initialization time)
     of existing classes.

     Look at "AccessControl.SecurityInfo.allow_class" for an example
     of providing security declarations at runtime

     "allow_class" makes a class (completely) unprotected.

  *  derive a Zope special class from the source-less
     or general purpose class and add whatever is necessary
     to use it inside Zope

     I would usually prefer this solution.

Dieter