[Zope] Form Data Needed in Second Form

Dan Shafer pydan@danshafer.com
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 18:28:00 -0700

I have part of a Zope app written largely as Python scripts linking DTML
forms that looks conceptually like this:

1. Form A gathers data and then as its action invokes a Python script.
2. Python Script 1 creates a new DTML document and updates its contents
based on field data in Form 1.
3. Python Script 1 then uses RESPONSE.redirect() to open a second DTML
form, Form 2.
4. Form 2 needs the name of the document Python Script 1 created as well as
access to some or all of the data in the fields in Form 1.

What is the best/right/only way to accomplish this goal?

Seems like it should be straight-forward but I've played with several
promising ideas that turned out to be dead ends. I'm getting a bit desperate.

All help appreciated!