[Zope] Still Plagued With Date Formatting Bug in Text Field

Mike Renfro renfro@tntech.edu
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 23:21:20 -0500

On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 05:31:21PM -0700, Dan Shafer wrote:

> I have a text field called start_date. I set its default value to today's
> date by setting its value to (_DateTime().strftime("%b. %d, %Y"))
>
> The date shows up in the field, but only the first item of the formatted
> string displays. In this example, the field contains "Apr." and that's it.
> Now if I set the default value of a textarea to the same exact value, the
> date displays correctly.

Any chance your field is rendering as:

 <input type=text name=start_date value=Apr. 30, 2002>

instead of:

 <input type=text name=start_date value="Apr. 30, 2002">

?

--
Mike Renfro  / R&D Engineer, Center for Manufacturing Research,
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Technological University -- renfro@tntech.edu