[Zope] Maybe non-Zope issue: SQL Server doesn't return tablefield completely

Dirk Van.Laanen Dirk.Van.Laanen@niwi.knaw.nl
Wed, 01 May 2002 16:52:42 +0200

Hallo Jon,=20

>Do you have physical access to the SQL Server?  If so, run one of the
>SQL Server native utilities to browse the table and verify the integrity
>of the "term" field.  IIRC, for SQL Server 6.5 you could use the
>"Enterprise Manager" or a utility named "isqlw" to query a database.
>Most likely the field was somehow truncated during the transfer.

Yes, I could examine the field in SQL Server. It is obvious the field =
wasn't truncated.=20
It seemed a sound suggestion though. Someone has suggested a corrupt (SQL =
Server)=20
driver could be responsible for bad transmission of correct data to Zope, =
though I=20
wouldn't know what action that would require (or how to establish that for =
a fact).=20

Thanks for your help,=20
cheers, Dirk

On Wed, 2002-05-01 at 08:50, Dirk Van.Laanen wrote:
> Hello,=20
>=20
> I have a table with a field 'term' which is a text field, thus up to 255 =
characters.=20
> The table was originally an Access database. For reasons of company =
policy,=20
> this database has been transported to an SQL Server 6.5 database. The =
old=20
> Access database, however, still exists, on the same server als SQL =
Server.=20
>=20
> If I make a Z ODBC database connection to SQL Server, and perform a =
ZSQL=20
> query on the field 'term', only about 120 characters of the field 'term' =
are represented.=20
> If I use the Z ODBC database connection to the Access Database (with =
exactly the same=20
> data), I get the complete field returned after a query.=20
>=20
> Does this ring a bell with anybody? Is it just an issue with SQL Server =
or does Zope=20
> maybe play a part in it?=20

Jon=20