[Zope] whois

Ulrich Wisser Ulrich Wisser <liste@publisher.de>
Fri, 3 May 2002 14:41:21 +0200

Hello,

I downloaded and installed the whoistool from zope.org.
After some little tweaking I got it working. But one problem
is left and I believe it is a more general one. The Tag
looks like this

<dtml-whois "'domain.com'">

or

<dtml-whois "'domain.com'" server=whois.internic.net>

My problem is the server part. I need to set the server
programatically. Means I want to call a DTML Document like
this

http://zope.org/showwhois?domain=company.com&server=whois.corenic.com

I wrote the Tag as follows:

<dtml-whois domain server=server>

But that doesn't work. The server variable is not
evealuated. Instead whois tries to look for 'server' which
is not really what I intended.

How can I make Zope load the whois Module in it's namespace?
In that case I could say

<dtml-var "_.whois.Whois(domain,server)">

Which would be perfect to me.

Thanks

Ulli

--
Searchengine Know How  - Webpromotion - Optimization - Internal Search
World Wide Web Publisher, Ulrich Wisser, Odensvag 13, S-14571 Norsborg