[Zope] xmlrpc and zope objects

Derek Basch dbasch@yahoo.com
Sun, 5 May 2002 19:48:57 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
Please help me zope gods.........

I have been trying to use/learn xmlrpclib with zope
using this example:

http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2000/01/xmlrpc/index2.html

I followed the example and I was able to read the
document_src of the 'Test' DTML Method after I
repaired the modified xmlrpclib file:

http://www.zope.org/Members/teyc/pipermailXMLRPCWoes

However, I cant do it again!?. If I connect to the
zope server as such:

import xmlrpclib
z = xmlrpclib.Server('http://localhost:8080/Test',
xmlrpclib.BasicAuthTransport('administrator','password'))

and attempt to view the document_src method of 'Test'
I get a 'resource not found' error. I know the object
exists because the URL of http://localhost:8080/Test
returns the DTML document in my browser and also the
error returned in my python interpreter has the title
of the DTML document. What am I doing wrong here?
Thanks in advance,
Derek Basch