[Zope] operational error!!!(databse MySQL)

Bala cppbala@yahoo.com
Mon, 6 May 2002 02:49:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,
       I installed zope in my machine and testing and
learning with small test programs for database access.

  when I try to open a ZMySQL connection with the
commands as

    Id    		:  MySQL_database_connection
    Title 		:  Z MySQL Database Connection
    Connection String 	:  testdb bala testpassword

and then when I press add I am getting the error as

Error Type: OperationalError
Error Value: (2002, "Can't connect to local MySQL
server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock'
(2)")

  I am using
          OS	: Linux 7.1 (kernel 2.4.2)
	Zope	: Zope-2.5.1
	python	: python-2.1.3
	mysql	: mysq-3.23.49
      ZMySQLDA	: ZMySQLDA-2.0.7
	ZODBCDA	: ZODBCDA-3.1.0b1

  pls help me find out the reason for this error, I am

new to zope.

Thanks in anticipation,
Bala.