[Zope] Forms, RESPONSE, REQUEST, and redirect

Dennis Allison allison@sumeru.stanford.EDU
Mon, 6 May 2002 02:58:37 -0700 (PDT)

It has been a long day...

So, I have been trying to bend Zope to my will and making some progress.
But this one has me a bit befuddled either because I'm tired or because I
am missing something.

Here's what I am trying to do...

I have a method (in the particular case at hand, it is an External Method,
but it could be a Python Script or DTML).  It gets control, gets access
to its REQUEST and RESONSE objects and does something.  In particular, it
arranges some computation and modifies some REQUEST values, and possibly
adds some new ones.  It then redirects to another object, this time a DTML
document which, when it renders, will want access to the initial REQUEST
object data as modified.

To make things explict:

If I make a form which has a form variable 'a', that variable is visible
at my script.  I can also create a new variable 'b' and put it in the
REQUEST object with a REQUEST.set(name,value) call.  But, when I direct
from the script to another script (in this case, the original form),
the REQUEST object does not include these values.

If I then change the form action to not go to the script but to simply
return to the form, the form renders itself (without the data mods my
script was supposed to provide) since it has a copy of the REQUEST object
that includes the form variables.

Bottom line, how does one trick ZPublisher into marshalling some or all of
the name-item pairs on redirection.

Thanks for help.