[Zope] SQL to Excel Redux

Bruce Dykes Bruce Dykes" <bkd@graphnet.com
Tue, 7 May 2002 04:26:55 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Thomas B. Passin" <tpassin@mitretek.org>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Monday, May 06, 2002 11:26
Subject: Re: [Zope] SQL to Excel Redux

> Hope you really used <dtml-var> and not <dtml_var> as you posted here!

D'OH!

Okay, now that's fixed, I'm getting the error I initially expected:

Error Type: KeyError
Error Value: Company_Name

This doesn't surprise me, as the Browse tab on the ODBC connector comes up
empty, and this being an Excel spreadsheet, not a database table proper,
there are no field names specifically assigned to the data.

Now, where should the field names be declared/assigned?

And as a more general question, in the ODBC connector docs, it says that not
all databases support browsing...what is the specific limitation? I've been
able to browse both Access and FoxPro databases, and I find it an invaluable
tool. The Excels spreadsheet is the first thing that's ever come up blank
for me, and that's kind of an odd duck anyway...

thanks again
bkd