[Zope] Caching problem

Jean-Francois.Doyon@CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca Jean-Francois.Doyon@CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Tue, 7 May 2002 16:28:15 -0400

Hello,

I have a DTML Method ... It actually outputs a .js JavaScript file ...

I am trying to get the browsers to cache this JavaScript file by =
associating
it with an HTTP Cache Manager ... But am having no success !!!

The file is referred to through a <script src=3D"" ... type link, and I =
know
that browsers chache these because I tested it a while ago, with a .js =
file
that was static and didn't live within Zope.

Now I have a dynamic .js file  within Zope and behind an HTTP Cache =
Manager,
but Zope/Z2 insists on returning HTTP code 200 !! The funny thing is I =
have
other objects under this cache that DO get cached.  the thing is those =
are
images ... not dynamic content.

I tried switching to a RAM Cache Manager thinking if I cache the =
results of
the DTML Method, then the browser should be able to cache it ... But =
no,
still sending 200's ...

I even tried associating the RAM cache to the HTTP cache, but that =
didn't
work at all ...

What am I missing ? How do I get these DTML Methods to cache at the =
browser
? these files are fairly big, so it's causing the users lots of delays =

Thanks,

Jean-Fran=E7ois Doyon
Internet Service Development and Systems Support
GeoAccess Division
Canadian Center for Remote Sensing
Natural Resources Canada
http://atlas.gc.ca