[Zope] Why is it so hard to do simple things?

John Adams jadams@inktomi.com
Wed, 8 May 2002 04:13:47 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 8 May 2002, Richard Jones wrote:

> On Wed, 8 May 2002 10:12, John Adams wrote:
> Number one suggestion: have the page call a python script method that checks
> the environment for a form submission as the first thing it does. If it
> doesn't find a form submission, have it set the environment to your sensible
> form defaults. Your presentation/view code (DTML or ZPT) now doesn't have to
> have lots of yucky code in it to handle the various with/without cases.

This is the general consensus, so far.

> > # Default block -- this is a really shitty way to do this sort
> > # of thing. I hate python.
> Number two suggestion: take your attitude and shove it up your arse.

Geesh, I've already apologized to three people for one frustrated comment.
I didn't say you and everyone else who uses Python sucks, because -I- hate
python (because I can't figure out how to do what I want to do). I said
that at that moment, *I* hated python. Relax.

> If you don't want to split the model and view code as I suggested above, try
> this python script code for generating radio boxes.

Thanks for all the help. I'll give it a try.

-john