[Zope] Re: ZopeTime() Error

Martijn Pieters mj@zope.com
Wed, 8 May 2002 10:31:14 -0400

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 03:53:22PM -0600, Mike Tran wrote:
> >>I can call the  <dtml-var ZopeTime()>  variable from Zope's root folder,
> >>but i cannot access this variable from anyother sub folders.
>
> Sorry, that's was a typos on my prior message.  I've used <dtml-var
> "ZopeTime()"> and tried all your suggestions Martijn.  <dtml-var
> "ZopeTime()"> works from Zope's root folder. I can see the date and time it
> serves up (2002/05/07 15:46:59.1966 GMT-6).  I just can't use that variable
> on any other sub folders.   It is possibly a permission problem?  If it was a
> permission problem then Zope would have told me right?

I cannot reproduce this on my Zope 2.5 checkout, it works for me using the
name="" and expr="" versions (or with and withoutquotes), iin the root and
elsewhere, with the test DTML Method copied or acquired.

If it was a permissions problem, you would indeed get a authentication box.
You said it was a Not Found error. Are you absolutely sure this is the
problem, and not a type on the name of an object? Try and isolate the
problem by creating a simple method.

If you can reproduce this on a clean install of Zope, you probably have
found a bug somewhere.

--
Martijn Pieters