[Zope] SQL to Excel Redux

Bruce Dykes Bruce Dykes" <bkd@graphnet.com
Thu, 9 May 2002 07:59:39 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: <Christian.Fissgus@haufe.de>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Cc: <bkd@graphnet.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 07, 2002 09:55
Subject: RE: [Zope] SQL to Excel Redux

> The best way would be to insert a new first row in your excel-sheet with
the
> field names you want.
> Or: use the names which are shown when you test your ZSQL method.

That's the first thing I tried...problem is, there's several DTML
un-friendly column headers, such as names with spaces and slashes in
there...

> If you really want to use the Browse tab, you have to use named ranges in
> your excel sheet (look in your excel manual how to name ranges);
> then you will see the named ranges just like 'normal' tables in a
database.
> (and you can also do something like "select * from nameOfRange " as ZSQL
> method ...)

Thanks....since this is a simple contact list, I can either fix up the excel
spreadsheet as you (and others) have suggested, or replace it with one of
the handful of address book products for Zope. I'll see how well the primary
maintainer of the list likes doing it through the web, and make a
determination from there.

I'd much rather work with Zope than Excel...8-)

bkd