[Zope] Zope Backup/Recovery

Gilles Lenfant gilles@objectis.net
Mon, 13 May 2002 17:51:55 +0200

Try :=20

$ cd <your zope root>
$ python zpasswd.py -u admin -p secret inituser
$ python zpasswd.py -u admin -p secret access

Note: it's either "inituser" or "access" depending on Zope version, =
running both makes the job ;-)

Now restart Zope and test with this credential. Create immediately a =
Manager user in the Zope folder /acl_users.
Carry on working with this Manager credential.

HTH

--Gilles

----- Original Message -----=20
From: "Richard McKinley" <richard_mckinley@hotmail.com>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2002 5:09 PM
Subject: [Zope] Zope Backup/Recovery

: I recently managed to lock myself out of zope.  Is there a way to=20
: recover/copy the database containing the DTML documents/ZSQL methods =
etc. to=20
: a new installation? I have had no success in logging into zope with =
the new=20
: superuser I created..
:=20
: Thanks,
: Richard
:=20
: Join the world's largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail.=20
: http://www.hotmail.com
:=20
:=20
:=20
: Zope maillist  -  Zope@zope.org
: **   No cross posts or HTML encoding!  **
: (Related lists -=20
:  http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-announce