[Zope] Re: Common issue: Maintainance of Zope products

Tille, Andreas TilleA@rki.de
Tue, 14 May 2002 08:42:24 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 14 May 2002, Jerome Alet wrote:

> <offtopicflamewar mode="on">
> Good idea, and if Debian maintainers forwarded bug reports to upstream
> authors this would be really perfect ! Unfortunately this is not
> the case very often...
> </offtopicflamewar>
Well, I think you used the wrong tag: <offtopic> might be appropriate
but I see no reason for flamewar if there are true issues rised.  You
are completely right that some Zope products are very bad maintained
in Debian.  I just cared for some products in a so called Non Maintainer
Upload (NMU) because the maintainer did not care about his tasks.

But there was a solution for those so called Mostly Inactive Maintainers:
The packages where put under the hands of QA and thus become free for
other interested people.

This is not the case for Zope products:  If the author / maintainer stops
working on the product you have noc chance and it is *not visible* for
the end user.  This is exactly the problem I want to address.

Kind regards

          Andreas.

PS: Just tell me about which Debian packaged products you are talking
    about and I try to see if something can be made better.