[Zope] Kinterbasdb + Firebird + Zope Q's

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@mitretek.org
Tue, 14 May 2002 11:32:50 -0400

[Evan Simpson]

> Derek Basch wrote:
> > The KinterbasDB extensions are available as a pyhton
> > distutil but the distutil will not detect my zope
> > server. It will only find my ActivePython interpreter.
> > So I tried compiling the source using the free Borland
> > Compiler but the setup.py file fails. I have never had
> > to use a python extension (I stared programming with
> > python 4 months ago). What are the proper steps for
> > using KinterbasDB (or any python extension) with Zope.
>
> I suggest going ahead and installing kinterbasdb in your ActivePython,
> then go look at its site-packages subdirectory (in Lib?).  In all
> likelihood, you'll find a single "_kinterbasdb.dll" or similar file
> there, or perhaps a subdirectory.  Copy this to your Zope's Python's
> site-packages.

That's what I usually do in cases like this.  If it doesn't work for some
reason, try running distutil with Zope's Python interpreter and see if it
can find Zope's installation.

If that fails, you could find ActivePython in the registry and temporarily
change it to point to teh Zope interpreter, run distutils, then change it
back.

But most likely, Evan's suggestion will work.

Cheers,

Tom P