[Zope] owner security assertions

kosh@aesaeion.com kosh@aesaeion.com
Wed, 15 May 2002 14:49:31 -0600 (MDT)

What would be the correct set of permissions and security assertions I
need in order to make it so that in addition to manager only the owner of
that object can edit it. It seems if I just gives the permissions I want
to the owner role that doesn't work. If I assign someone to the role of
owner they can do stuff in all of the documents which is not what I want.

I had thought that owner was a role you got automatically on an object if
you where its owner. This is on zope 2.5.1 with python 2.1.3 on debian
sid.

I am using the explicit security assertions on functions using the new
security model in the zope developer guide. Is there anything special I
would need to use with the more explicit security model to get that to
work?

Designing and building web applications http://webme-eng.com