[Zope] Changing context in Python Script

Maik Jablonski maik.jablonski@uni-bielefeld.de
16 May 2002 10:00:52 +0200

On Thu, 2002-05-16 at 09:33, Dan Shafer wrote:
> Given the need for a Python script to:
>
> a. create a new folder whose name is stored in a variable called folderName
> b. within that folder create a new doc whose name is stored in a variable
> called docName
>
> what is the appropriate syntax? I can see that I need to change the context
> but I can't find anything on how to do that.

hi,

use something like this:

# create Folder in context

context.manage_addFolder(folderName)
folderObj=getattr(context,folderName)

# create DTMLDoc in new folder

folderObj.manage_addDTMLDocument(docName)
docObj=getattr(folderObj,docName)

... from here you can manipulate docObj ...

regards, maik
--
maik jablonski                    http://www.sachunterricht-online.de
 universitaet bielefeld          http://www.zfl.uni-bielefeld.de