[Zope] evaluating a string as an expression

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Mon, 20 May 2002 09:34:09 +0100

On 20/5/02 4:05 am, "Greg Conway" <greg@gmlnt.com> wrote:

> Hi Tony,
>
> Believe it or not, I've just got around to implementing this, and this has
> largely solved my problem, so thanks very much!!

Glad it helped!

> I say largely, as what I originally wanted to do was store several lists out
> of the form.
>
> The lists of values from input boxes work fine.
>
> However, when trying to store list of values from sets of radio boxes, of
> course the sets of radio boxes now all have the same variable name (ie
> radio:list becoming radio[x]), and become one large set of radio boxes!

Perhaps use different names for the radio button groups?

> I've worked round this by using list boxes instead, where I can explicitly
> end selections by using <select> and </select>, but I'd rather use radio
> boxes if I could!

I don't see that it's a problem there - radio buttons/checkboxes - all ok.

> Is this possible, do you know?

Should be :)

> Anyway, thanks for the help from long ago! worked a treat.

No probs.
Tone
--
Dr Tony McDonald,  Assistant Director, FMCC, http://www.fmcc.org.uk/
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 243 6140