[Zope] Transfer my ZOPE website

Milos Prudek milos.prudek@tiscali.cz
Tue, 21 May 2002 10:32:02 +0200

Jos=E9 Orlando Ribeiro wrote:
> I did a website , now i'm going to upload it to the webserver i'm=20
> paying, what i will need to upload?

1. If you have shell account on the webserver, and the Zope version on=20
the webserver is the same at least in the first and second version=20
number (like 2.4.1 and 2.4.4), you can upload your local Data.fs and=20
replace the server's Data.fs. This is the fastest possible solution.

2. If you don't have shell account on the webserver, you can use ZSyncer =

(a Zope Product) - but not if you use diacritics in object titles (see=20
my post here earlier this month about the diacritics problem with ZSyncer=
)

To update your website, you can then continue to use ZSyncer, especially =

if you use dial-up connection paid per minute. If you are on a leased=20
line, it may be better to develop directly on the webserver in a Version =

(but unfortuntaly sessions cannot be used in a Version, and I don't=20
think you can use FTP or WebDAV with Versions).

--=20
Milos Prudek