[Zope] Cache by InterSystems vs. Zope (OT)

Charlie Reiman creiman@kefta.com
Tue, 21 May 2002 13:19:35 -0700

Oh God yes. It's isn't what you think. Cache is a multidimensional database,
not a relational database. Its SQL support is a weak add-on at best. It
can't recommend it for... for anything that isn't already using it.

I had the displeasure of using it at my last job. It probably did something
really well but for us it was just a pain in the ass (and all we needed was
BLOB storage).

It is portable however. So we were able to suffer on several platforms at
once. Lucky us.