[Zope] Using Zope to generate offline content

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
22 May 2002 08:16:03 -0400

There are no readymade solutions for this, as far as I know.

The primary reason that most other systems publish to static HTML files
is for performance.

You can get the same sort of performance benefit by putting Squid or
another HTTP cache in front of Zope as a reverse proxy and making sure
you set the proper cache headers on your cacheable pages.

In this way, you get the "best of both worlds" by having dynamic content
when you need it (generated by Zope), and  static content when it is
appropriate (cached by Squid).