zpt and dtml-tree (was Re: [Zope] IDE for ZOPE)

dman dman@dman.ddts.net
Wed, 22 May 2002 13:34:24 -0500

--7AUc2qLy4jB3hD7Z

On Sat, May 18, 2002 at 09:05:04AM +0100, Chris Withers wrote:

| > PS.  As far as an IDE goes -- give me UNIX (vim, grep, find, cvs, etc)
| > any day, and a good, reliable, way to update the filesystem-based
| > development into the zope environment.
|=20
| Have you tried davfs? I use webdrive, the windows equivalent, and it gives
| exactly the characteristics you're looking for...

I just tried it.  It works rather well, for some stuff.  It doesn't
work at all for ZSQL Methods (they don't allow reading or writing
through WebDAV).  I think I'll start adding CVS folders to parts of my
zope site soon :-).

-D

--=20

Yes, Java is so bulletproofed that to a C programmer it feels like being in=
straightjacket, but it's a really comfy and warm straightjacket, and the wo=
rld
would be a safer place if everyone was straightjacketed most of the time.
                                                      -- Mark 'Kamikaze' Hu=
ghes
=20

--7AUc2qLy4jB3hD7Z