[Zope] A few Zope advises...

Paul Browning paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk
Fri, 24 May 2002 09:48:48 +0100

--On 23 May 2002 14:08 -0400 BZ <bz@bwanazulia.com> wrote:

> I love taking a crack at these.. :)
>
> At 6:45 PM +0200 5/23/02, Thierry Florac wrote:
>>  - is there a "prefered" or "best working" operating system to run Zope
>> servers ?? I may have to choose between a Debian GNU/Linux server (SMP
>> on Intel) and a Solaris server (on Sparc). I've read here and there
>> several messages talking about problems with Zope on Solaris, are they
>> always true ??
>
> No preferred or best working. Whatever is easiest for you to keep up and
> running. For me, that has always been Linux.

There are definitely issues with Solaris:
<http://www.zope.org/Members/glpb/solaris>

There are workarounds but no one has yet demonstrated (AFAIK)
that you can achieve an acceptable price/performance ratio
on Solaris. I really hope I'm wrong.

Paul

--
 The Library, Tyndall Avenue, Univ. of Bristol, Bristol, BS8 1TJ, UK
   E-mail: paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk  URL: http://www.bris.ac.uk/