[Zope] Seperate Development ...

Peter Bengtsson mail@peterbe.com
Wed, 22 May 2002 01:04:20 +0100

--=======77261F64=======

>I would like to setup a second site for development, perhaps with an
>automatic way to move this site to the production site. Can I just
>copy the Data.fs ? Do I need to stop the service before and restart it
>afterwards or could this even be done "on the fly" ?

Try to keep the production site as clean as possible and when you transfer
stuff over from the development site, try to use the Export/Import function
or package up your classes and move them across only.
On the development site you'll probably install lots of new products and
create dummy objects all over the place.

My suggestion is that you try to modularize (the spelling on that word?)
your important stuff as much as possible.

---