[Zope] DTML or TAL

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Fri, 24 May 2002 16:16:53 +0100

Andy McKay wrote:

> Oh give it a rest Chris. And we wonder why people get worried about DTML
> going away. Its not. If it did Zope would fork, but its not.

History will tell ;-)

Sure, it'll be there for backwards compatability, but I will not "give it a rest" when it
comes to trying to persuade new users to use something that may well persuade them not to
use Zoep at all.

The number of people I've seen confused by DTML's idiosyncracies, confused namespace and
excessive implicitness means that I'm not gonna just stand by while people do the
equivalent of pointing someone wearing a blindfold towards the edge of a cliff...

cheers,

Chris