[Zope] DTML *and* TAL...

John Schinnerer johnschinnerer@yahoo.com
Fri, 24 May 2002 22:35:19 -0700 (PDT)

...works fine for me.  They seem to work with each other a lot more
easily in zope itself than they do on this list.

I don't use a wysiwyg editor, and I nonetheless appreciate ZPT/TAL's
intentions and positive qualities for layout, templating, macros and
prototyping.  I know jack about XML and that doesn't (afaik) hinder my
use of ZPT/TAL.

DTML is real handy for quick and simple logic stuff.  As I crawl up the
Python/zope learning curve I'll use Python for non-quick non-simple
logic stuff.

Practical suggestion for those championing more ZPT/TAL use:

Quit burning your cycles on rhetoric here, and get to work documenting
and exemplifying it.

There are a *whole lot* of howtos, code snippets, examples, etc. in
DTML - if someone's struggling to get something done and can find one
that works, they probably will.  I certainly have.  If it were doable
and documented in ZPT/TAL and I could find that info, I'd use it.  Go
to it...

John S.