[Zope] Some questions regarding Zope hosting

Reinoud van Leeuwen reinoud.v@n.leeuwen.net
Wed, 29 May 2002 18:06:41 +0200

On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 05:57:16PM +0200, Juergen R. Plasser / Hexagon wrote:
> Hi!
>
> We are going to host some Zope sites in the near future and therefore some
> questions came up:
>
> 1. When someone needs a whole Zope instance we don't like to give him a
> dedicated server. How usefull is it to run more than one individual Zope
> instances on one Server? Is there a better solution for more than one Zope
> instance? How helpful is ZEO in this case?
>
> 2. Which configuration is the "best": Zope + Apache, Zope's Webserver
> Medusa alone, any other configuration like Zope + Squid (as reverse proxy)?
> Which configuration fits which requirements?
>
> 3. When more than one user participates in one Zope instance, what is the
> preferable method to get (for the user) distinct Zope views for each user.

I am experimenting with multiple Zope sites behind one Apache. The Apache
instance runs like it normally does (i.e. as user nobody), and
communicates to Zope instances through PCGI. Each customer has its own
Zope server running under his own userid. So they can stop and start they
own Zope processes and install their own products...

"Nothing is as subjective as reality"
Reinoud van Leeuwen    reinoud.v@n.leeuwen.net
http://www.xs4all.nl/~reinoud