[Zope] Some questions regarding Zope hosting

Dennis Allison allison@sumeru.stanford.EDU
Wed, 29 May 2002 10:19:33 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 29 May 2002, Toby Dickenson wrote:

> On Wednesday 29 May 2002 4:57 pm, Juergen R. Plasser / Hexagon wrote:
>
> > 2. Which configuration is the "best":
>
> > Zope's Webserver Medusa alone
>
> Very bad if you are exposing this to the internet.

Jurgen --

Can you explain why using only Medusa/Zserver is "very bad"?  I was under
the impression that the usual Apache approach simply delegates to the Zope
native webserver without doing much of anything except eating machine
cycles.  I always thought the Apache/Medusa combination was used to allow
for non-Zope stuff (cgi, etc) to work.

-dra