[Zope] Is Zope 3 being developed for programmers only?

Tom Deprez Tom Deprez" <tom.deprez@uz.kuleuven.ac.be
Thu, 30 May 2002 12:45:01 +0200

Hi Jan

It's not the intention to remove DTML from Zope. As I understand you
will always be able to use it.
Python scripts, etc have the advantage that are clearer when the
expressions become complex.
Know as well that you don't need python in TAL. You can also use simple
path and string expressions.
I used to use DTML a lot. When first looking at TAL, I was afraid about
it and didn't it liked that much.
However after some days, extensive using it, looking several things
several times up in the online manual I started to like
it. Nowadays I almost only use TAL.

Also, why don't you visit EuroPython2002 : www.europython2002.org

Most of the Zope3 developers (if not all), including the grandfather Jim
Fulton will be there.
There will be a Half-day! Zope3 Tutorial and 2 Zope3 talks.
I think the congress is the place to get a first public view on Zope3...
so it's the place to be...