[Zope] Accessing a Database

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@mitretek.org
Thu, 30 May 2002 11:13:55 -0400

Stephan Vladimir Bugaj

> Also, I had tried:
> <ul>
> <dtml-in expr="zsqlthingy(ABC=Blah)">
>   <li> <dtml-var login>  <dtml-var phone>
>   </li>
> </dtml-in>
> </ul>
>
> And it tells me "global name Blah is not found"... I had to go create a
> DTML Method
> called Blah that contains just the line "<dtml-return "Blah">"... is there
> some way to
> just pass a string value (or numerical value) where a string (or number)
> are expected
> as input?

If Blah is some kind of callable object, then "<dtml-return "Blah"> returns
the object reference without calling it.  You would want <dtml-return
"Blah()">.

If Blah is supposed to be a string, then you want  <dtml-return " 'Blah' ">,
where I have added spaces to show the single and double quotes more clearly.
In othe words, Blah is treated as an object name, Blah() causes the object
named Blah to be called, and 'Blah' is treated as a string.

Cheers,

Tom P