[Zope] How to detect transaction abort to allow cleanup?

Warnes, Gregory R gregory_r_warnes@groton.pfizer.com
Fri, 31 May 2002 17:41:19 -0400

Hi all,

I have an object that uses SOAP to talk to an external server.   The SOAP
connection should last only the length of the transaction and the server
needs to be notified that the transaction is complete.

I've got things properly working when transactions are successfully
completed by overriding __getstate__ to do the correct thing.
Unfortunately, I can't see how to ensure that the proper message gets sent
when the transaction is aborted..

Is there a method that I can define that will get called when the
transaction is aborted?  Other ideas?

Greg

LEGAL NOTICE
Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. Access to this E-mail by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure or copying of the contents of this E-mail or any action taken (or not taken) in reliance on it is unauthorized and may be unlawful. If you are not an addressee, please inform the sender immediately.