[Zope] version has tons of things locked

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 11:36:50 +0000

Christopher N. Deckard wrote:
> won't be locked anymore.  The problem here is that they may be about
> 1,000 objects that are version locked.  How can I fix this?  The
> objects that are locked should not have been locked,

Objects only become locked if you modify them in the version.
What changes have you made?

> What are my options here?

Commit the version, in which case all changes made in it will be committed to
your ZODB.

Abort the version, in which case all changes made in it will be lost.

> At one point a new Python Script that was
> created in the version ended up not being able to be accessed
> outside of the version.

That's exactly what should happen.

if you get those, it might be time to ask on zodb-dev@zope.org.

> Everything is fine for that script now.  What would have wigged out
> the version?

Versions are pretty old and crufty, as a rule of thumb, don't use them.

cheers

Chris