[Zope] version has tons of things locked

Smith, Neil (Worcester) Neil.Smith@npower.com
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 09:03:58 -0000

I've had this problem recently too.  I reported it to the list but nobody
answered.  Searching the archives I found one other person who had the same
thing about six months ago.  I've had it reoccur since.  The only thing to
do is to go through all your objects and make dummy changes to the things
that are still locked to the version, then save the version again and they
will then get saved.

There are definitely bugs in the version stuff, but it seems to be fairly
rare that it happens.  I've been trying to reproduce the problem, but no
luck so far.  I'm using 2.4.3.  What version are you on?

--
Neil

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher N. Deckard [mailto:chris@globalfoo.net]
Sent: 13 November 2002 20:17
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] version has tons of things locked

I was doing a bunch of changes in a version and saved the version
without any problems.  But now tons of things are claiming to be
version locked.  It seems that if I go into the version, make a
change, save the version and the leave the version, that object
won't be locked anymore.  The problem here is that they may be about
1,000 objects that are version locked.  How can I fix this?  The
objects that are locked should not have been locked, so if I can
throw out all of the crud that's messing things up, then it should
be fine.  (Yes I'll make a backup of the db before I do anything.)

What are my options here?  At one point a new Python Script that was
created in the version ended up not being able to be accessed
outside of the version.  I made a copy of it and then got POSkey
error exceptions.  I copied the contents locally, deleted the
original, recreated it and pasted the old contents back into it.
Everything is fine for that script now.  What would have wigged out
the version?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
-Chris

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and intended only for the use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the addressee, you are hereby notified that you have received this e-mail in error and you must not copy, disseminate, distribute, use or take any action as a result of the information contained in it.

If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify postmaster@npower.com (UK 01384 275454) and delete it immediately from your system.

Neither Npower nor any of the other companies in the Innogy group from whom this e-mail originates accept any responsibility for losses or damage as a result of any viruses and it is your responsibility to check attachments (if any) for viruses.

Npower Limited
Registered office: Windmill Hill Business Park, Whitehill Way, Swindon SN5 6PB. Registered in England and Wales: number 3653277

This e-mail may be sent on behalf of a member of the Innogy group of companies.