[Zope] images

AM list_subscriber@neurobs.com
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 11:35:47 -0800

Hi Rick,

The way I see it, if all you want is to pass the image back to the
browser there are several possible ways:

1. the easiest is pass the url to the image via a REQUEST.redirect

2. If you dont want to do that for whatever reason, the other option is
to use an external method to read the image file in binary, get the
data, set up REQUEST headers, mainly - Content-type, size,
Content-disposition (beware IE doesnt give a hoot about this, look for
solutions in the list under content-disposition) and then send back the
data. This however does take time.

If the browser cant render it, theres not much you can do. The only
option then would be to use and external method to convert the image
temporarily to an acceptable format and then pass that back.

hth
AM