[Zope] Zsyncer to Zuploader

Charlie Reiman creiman@kefta.com
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 10:05:17 -0800

I think (and I'm taking a wild stab here) that what Elena wants to do is use
zsyncer with freezope. freezope won't install zsyncer for security reasons,
since a zsyncer can pretty much install anything it wants.

If this is the case, a better approach might be to create a restricted
zsyncer that only creates objects from a pre-specified list of types. This
is not just a bit of hackery as it is a philosophical shift for zsyncer:
away from an admin-only mirroring tool and toward a user development tool.
You would have to make other changes as well (such as removing the logfile
pathname from the UI).

No, I'm not volunteering, though it sounds like a worthy project.