[Zope] How to pass parameter to TALES function?

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 11:15:02 -0800

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 12:55:48PM -0600, Skip Montanaro wrote:
> Thanks.  The whole "where things come from and how to get stuff where it
> needs to be in Zope" is still fairly new to me.  Most solutions seem obvious
> once somebody describes them, but I have a difficult time figuring stuff out
> from first principles.

well, it is kinda opaque... things are not consistent.
For example, you can call a dtml method from python
and pass it a REQUEST, but a page template does not
accept a REQUEST afaik.

in general i'd rather do REQUEST.RESPONSE.redirect('some_url')
instead of calling templates from a script, that just
feels better... but it doesn't always work because you cannot
pass a REQUEST when you do a redirect.
I guess you could do something hackish like
REQUEST.RESPONSE.redirect('some_url?arg1=foo').

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com