[Zope] Re: automatically add to ZCatalog?

Sean K getmejazzed@yahoo.com
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 18:16:03 -0800 (PST)

--0-1868458431-1037931363=:40561

Hi there,

I haven't read through all the posts on your subject, however if no one else has told you, the default catalog should be named "Catalog". Had this problem myself.
More details : <a href = "http://www.zope.org/Members/Zen/tips/DefaultZCatalog">
hth
Sean
tom smith <tom@othermedia.com> wrote:
On Thursday, November 21, 2002, at 11:46 AM, Maik Jablonski wrote:

> tom smith wrote:
>> I have a blog where a search show the latest BlogItems ordered by date
>> I've looked everywhere and can't work out how to automatically add a
>> BlogItemClass instance to my ZCatalog.
>
> You must make your Product CatalogAware:
Sorry, it's a ZClass, but I made sure to add CatalogAware when I
created it.

> Depending on your Product you have to call self.reindex_object() after
> changes [esp. for the PropertyManager, which is not CatalogAware by
> default].

So, in my constructor I have...

instance =
container.ArticleFolderoid.createInObjectManager(request['id'], request)
instance.propertysheets.properties.manage_editProperties(request)
instance.reindex_object()

...and in update_Article I have...

instance = context.this()
instance.propertysheets.properties.manage_editProperties(request)
instance.reindex_object()

...and still, the items don't show on my searchResults driven front
page unless I go to the catalog and click "Find Objects"

--
tom smith
http://www.othermedia.com/blog/

--0-1868458431-1037931363=:40561

<P>Hi there,
<P>&nbsp;
<P>I haven't read through all the posts on your subject, however if no one else has told you, the default catalog should be named "Catalog". Had this problem myself.
<P>More details : &lt;a href = "<A href="http://www.zope.org/Members/Zen/tips/DefaultZCatalog">http://www.zope.org/Members/Zen/tips/DefaultZCatalog</A>"&gt;
<P>hth
<P>Sean&nbsp;