[Zope] Protecting Zope solution / application -> deploying solutions to customers

Heimo Laukkanen huima@fountainpark.org
Sun, 24 Nov 2002 20:43:18 +0200

Is there a way to protect your intellectual property, if you deliver
Zope solutions to customers who have Zope instance running or you will
also deploy Zope there.

I'm talking about solutions that cosist mostly of some Python based
products, Python scripts and page templates -> ie. typical web based
site that has some logic, functionality and content, which is accessible
through the TTW interface. And even though the client would not have
admin account to the Zope instance, they could write a new superuser
with zpasswd.py and then get access to everything.

My question now is, is there a way to protect your work from being
copied, altered or even read in source format?

-huima