[Zope] My Zope is leaking memory ...

Ausum Studio ausum_studio@hotmail.com
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 15:01:31 -0500

You may want to try Shane's LeakFinder:
http://www.zope.org/Members/hathawsh/LeakFinder

Ausum

----- Original Message -----
From: <Jean-Francois.Doyon@CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2002 1:56 PM
Subject: [Zope] My Zope is leaking memory ...

Hello,

Yup, that's right, my Zope is leaking memory, and so far, I've had no luck
figuring out where it might come from. I run a Zope 2.5.0 on RedHat 7.3.

I started by looking into the Python/C type modules, which I fugred are most
likely to be causing this.  I upgraded Psycopg to the latest version, but
it's still occuring.  I also use the PIL, but it is seldom used, and could
not be the cause of the kind of leakage I'm seeing. Then there's a much more
obscure thing, which is a SWIG interface to PROJ.4 (A geographical
projection library) ... I had the author look at it, and no leaks were
detected in the C  library, or using the SWIG interface (Using Valgrind I
beleive).  My Z SQL Methods do NOT cache results (Maximum time set 0).

(...)

Any ideas, comments, insights, tips would be MOST appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Jean-François Doyon